Green Celebrity Profile!
Hayden Panettiere flaunted her new sexy short hairdo at the Earth Day celebration and VIP screening of Avatar at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Thursday (April 22) in Los Angeles.
Just Jared reports, “The 20-year-old actress was accompanied by her boyfriend, Ukaranian boxer Wladimir Klitschko, to the Bing-sponsored event, which benefited the Partnership for Los Angeles Schools. The Earth Day event was produced by Words That Shook The World.”
Hayden chose to wear designer clothes from Emilio Pucci, but it was her celebrity hairstyle that set all the celeb gossip reporters tongues wagging about her red carpet appearance at the green carpet function.
GREEN CELEBRITY PROFILE: WHO IS HAYDEN PANETTIERE?
Who is Hayden Panettiere? Only one of the hottest young female celebrities who is out to save the world.
She was born August 21, 1989.
Known best for playing the Cheerleader who has miracle healing powers on the hit television science fiction based series HEROES, she’s been very active as a green crusader already since her teenage years as a soap opera celebrity kid.
MTV News writes, “The gorgeous star of “Heroes” has spent the past year working with the Whaleman Foundation to protest the killing of dolphins and whales in Japan and elsewhere, taking part in demonstrations and traveling to Washington D.C. in order to speak out for the preservation of marine life.”
Green news excerpts from Wikepedia about Hayden Panettiere as a green celebrity:
- On October 31, 2007, Panettiere joined with Sea Shepherd to try to disrupt the annual dolphin hunt in Taiji, Wakayama, Japan. She was involved in a confrontation between Japanese fishermen and five other surfers from Australia and the United States (including former Home and Away star Isabel Lucas) of the group. The confrontation lasted more than ten minutes before the surfers were forced to return to the beach, after which they left the country. Parts of the confrontation can be seen on the Sundance Film Festival award winning documentary film, The Cove. The fishermen consider the condemnation as an attack on their culture.
- Panettiere told E! News that an arrest warrant has been issued in Japan for her interference in the dolphin hunt, but her claim was later dismissed by the Japanese Fisheries Agency. In November 2007, she was awarded the “Compassion in Action Award” from the animal rights group PETA for her efforts to stop the dolphin hunt in Japan.
- She is also a vegetarian.
- On January 28, 2008, Panettiere handed a letter of protest to the Norwegian ambassador in the United States arguing that Norway should stop its hunt for whales. She also delivered a letter to the Japanese ambassador calling for the end of Japan’s hunting of whales. At a 2007 Greenpeace event in Anchorage, Alaska, Panettiere defended aboriginal whaling, saying that there is a difference between commercial whaling and the whaling practiced by aboriginal tribes in the United States.
- In 2007, Panettiere became an official supporter of Ronald McDonald House Charities and is a member of their celebrity board, called the Friends of RMHC.
- In May 2008, Panettiere was involved in an eBay auction to benefit SaveTheWhalesAgain.com. The auction included tickets to a fundraising dinner hosted at the Hollywood restaurant Beso, owned by Eva Longoria Parker, and a whale watching tour, with Panettiere, off the coast of Santa Barbara.
- The same month, during an interview with Teen Vogue, Hayden explained how her fame gives her a platform for her activism: “The show [Heroes] put me in a place to speak for things that I’m passionate about.”
- In October 2008, Panettiere delved into the presidential election, releasing a public service announcement through the website Funny or Die. In this video Panettiere mocked Republican candidate John McCain for his age and temper.
- She subsequently made clear her intention to vote for Barack Obama, and urged other young people to vote.
- Panettiere also appeared in a public service announcement with DC Shadow Senator Paul Strauss endorsing voting rights for the District of Columbia.
- Panettiere is a teen ambassador for the Candie’s Foundation, whose mission is to fight teen pregnancy. On May 6, 2009, she participated in a town hall meeting in New York City alongside Bristol Palin on the issue of teen pregnancy.