Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are one of the most famous couples in the world, but has the spark gone out of their relationship? According to some highly questionable celeb gossip sources like the National Enquirer and DNA India, Brangelina failed to have a romantic Valentine’s Day. Allegedly, Angie bought Brad a coffee table book and he bought her a pack of breath mints. If the rumors are true, then our favorite green celebrities might be the worst Valentine’s gift givers… quite possibly ever! Even Perez Hilton chided then with a photo quip saying, “You no like?” — nothing that the presents they allegedly gave one another were truly horrible as romantic gestures.
While most celebrity couples exchange expensive gifts to celebrate holidays, Brad and Angelina are not much into commercialism. But still, while we applaud their restraint in buying copious quantities of unnecessary junk for themselves and their children, they star celebs could have easily done something a bit more meaningful. Here’s a few ideas:
- Made cards for one another out of recycled paper
- Repurposed objects in a creative way to make one another hand-crafted practical use or artistic items
- Cooked a meal together after visiting local produce markets
- Worked together to make greeting cards for Valentines Day to give out to their children
- Created scrapbooks for one another documenting the history of their relationship
DNA reports that instead of doing anything clever like that, the celebs did not even give gifts as romantic as a blender or a vacuum cleaner. They claim:
Angelina Jolie bought Brad Pitt the raunchy coffee table book Suicide Girls: Hard Girls, Soft Light as a gift this Valentine’s Day.
According to the National Enquirer, the book is filled with pictures of tattooed women posing naked, Fox News reported.
According to a source, The Tomb Raider star gifted this particular book to Pitt only because the girls in the pictures reminded her of her youth and how she used to be
But Pitt only bought Jolie a pack of breath mints for the holiday, as claimed by The Enquirer.
Better gifts choices (ones that were popular in the green crowd to give as gifts in 2013) are available nowadays for birthdays, Christmas, and other special holidays like St. Valentine’s Day. The famous couple could have exchanged more romantic green gifts. Examples include but are not limited to:
- fair trade labor garments that are sexy and chic
- all natural fabric items like plush bath towels or new sheets
- vegan leather alternative accessories
- soy candles to set the mood — accompanied by a promise of giving a massage later or a bath with a natural sea sponge
- organic chocolates to share in bed
- upcycled or recycled gifts
Had they elected to invest time and money into thoughtfully pleasing one another for the Valentine’s Day holiday, they could have gone green while keeping their love affair red-hot. Let’s hope that the entertainment news reports about their terrible gift giving habits on Valentine’s Day were wrong. If not, it may explain why (to date) there has been no wedding.